- Sector Areas:-
- Women Empowerment
- Education for children of deprived community
- Livelihood promotion
- Gender equality and social inclusion
- Risk reduction, preparedness and Disaster Management
- Health & Health related aspects (Nutrition, Reproductive Health, Sanitation, hygiene etc.)
- Vocational skill development to illiterate, neo literate young boys, girls & women
- Empowering Elected Women Representatives of Panchayati Raj for making Accountable to rural women & child communities
- Farmers Producer Organizations
- Encouraging Rural Youth in Agriculture-An-Agri-Entrepreneurship
- Dairy and Poultry
- Years of Experience in sectoral areas:-
- Women Empowerment and Livelihood: 21 years (organizing women into SHGs/Cluster/Federation/Cooperatives; more than 2500 SHGs constituted.
- Panchayati Raj Functionaries: 14 years (Empowering women and women representatives of Muzaffarpur district in Bihar for community driven priority based development of the Panchayat including education, health, hygiene and sanitation, water and solid liquid waste management and access of schemes prioritizing poorest of the poor)
- Education: 11 years; Basic education to not going to school, out of School Children of scheduled caste community and backward class community.
- Health & Health related aspects : 15 years (Nutrition, Reproductive Health, Reproductive Child Health and Adolescent health etc.)
- Vocational skill development : 08 years; Vocational Skill to illiterate, neo literate young boys, girls & women
- 12 years of experience in promoting organic farming, vegetable growing for marginal farmers & agro-based products
- Women led Manufacturing/production of different items/products for 10 years
- Managing two FPOs from last five years
- Promoting Farm based and Non-farm based Entrepreneurship from 15 years
Intervention Area:- We work in States of Bihar. In Bihar, districts are Muzaffarpur, East Champaran and Vaishali.
No. of years of existence:-47 years
Human Resources:-There are altogether 190 staffs including 20 full time and 60 part time. The rests 110 are consultants, volunteers and temporary staff. Part time technical experts are 04. They belong to medical field, agricultural field, environmental field, biological field, animal husbandry & dairy, cottage industrial field, accounts & finance, legal/social justice, Information technology/computer field etc. Majority about 55% of the HR are women including chairman and Administrative staff.
Staff attrition rate:-
Staff retention in AGYVS is one of the valued factors that enabled the organization to take up challenging tasks and its fulfillment. There are staff who joined at the beginning are still being employed and carrying different activities in remote, un-served, underserved and unreached areas making their active presence and leading proactive role. Today, AGYVS is one of the pioneering organizations in North Bihar able to take up challenging tasks and fulfill them.
In addition the branch offices are equipped and established and fully functional so that staff working in the remote areas have easy communication facilities such as cycles, motorcycles and facilities for hiring vehicles. Therefore staff attrition rate is very nominal and that of age factor.
The organization has its own land of 33 decimal worth value about Rs. 150 lacs (market price) with 02 story building valuing Rs. 370 lacs approx. The area of the office space (head office) is 15000 sq. ft. It also operates 02 training centre with well equipped logistics, furniture & fixture, infrastructure and accommodation facilities. Further, well furnished & equipped district offices are operational in 03 districts. Apart from these, the organisation owns Four Wheelers-1, Motor bikes-05, Desk tops-05, laptops-50, LCD-02, photo machines-04, cameras-01, furniture, Almirah, beds and other home appliances etc. Office is well connected with 24 hours electricity, toilet facilities and also safe drinking water facility with RO. Office has well connection in terms of internet facility having broad band.
AGYVS main office is situated at Mani Fulkahan in Muzaffarpur district in Bihar office are well equipped with all basic office facilities like Computer, Phone, Fax, and Internet.